couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:38:44 GMT

On Jun 23, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Paul Bonser wrote:

> It'd probably be good to get this in 1.0:
>
> Not a big bug, but not a big patch either, and it affects anyone with
> "<", ">", or "&" in their docids or view keys.

I got all set to commit this, except for the fact that I can't reproduce the issue. I don't
have this bug on trunk, so either it got fixed already or I'm not reproducing it correctly.

Can anyone reproduce the issue, and give me a hint how.

Thanks,
Chris

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think we are really close to being ready for 1.0.
>>
>> Are there any issues/patches that need to be handled before we make a release and
vote on it?

>> Noah, do you have any issues, and can you make the branch and release candidate?
>>
>> One thing I can think of is windows file support, so that compaction and deletion
work properly. There exists a fix for it from Mark Hammond, but we need a patched Erlang VM
before the fix can work. The upcoming R14B includes the VM patch, but I think we should wait
until it's actually released before we include Mark's fix.