couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New code goes into trunk
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:18:23 GMT

On 14 Jun 2010, at 19:07, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>>>

>> The 0.11 branch still feels weird to me.  I thought commits on release branches were
supposed to be bugfixes only.  With 0.11.x the criteria seem to be

>> 1) bugfixes
>> 2) anything committed to trunk by Damien
>> 3) anything else needed to make 2) merge cleanly
>>
>> If 1.0 is supposed to be 0.11 + bugfixes + Damien's work, rather than 0.11 + bugfixes,
shouldn't we have a /branches/1.0.x for that?

> Agreed -- that's why I suggested branching 1.0.x from trunk. There are a couple of patches
I've been working on over the weekend without internet, that I need to put into trunk before
we can branch. I will do that today or tomorrow, then I will be ready to branch 1.0.

> To make sure I understand... did we agree to branch 1.0 from trunk?

Nope, we agreed to cut 1.0 from 0.11.x. 0.11.x was in disarray for a brief time but my latest
commits are supposed to have fixed that. I think we should go ahead and branch 1.0.x from
0.11.x after applying and merging what we believe are the last patches that need to make it
into 1,0.0. I should be ready with this for my end by tomorrow night CEST.

(You did propose to cut 1.0.x from trunk last week, but we didn't yet decide on it. Since
that was spurred by the merge problems that I fixed now I think we can keep going with the
old plan).

Cheers
Jan
--

> Chris
>
>> Regardless, the important thing is that the codebase for 1.0 is stable and working.
 Jan's 0.11.x-monster-fix satisfies that.  Good work!