couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Prater <steph...@agrussell.com>
Subject Re: Question About view server tests
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:48:13 GMT
Okay, that raises a few more questions for me.

The test calls for issuing "['error','unknown_command']" in this
situation.

Is this the only situation where "Known but inappropriate" command
should be a fatal?  Are there other situations where you could GET a
"known but inappropriate" command?

"unknown_command" is not nominally a fatal right?  If I issue
"['foo']" to a view server, it just responds with an error and
continues.

If so, and  "unknown_command" is fatal only in this one case, is it
the correct error to be issuing?

Also, is there any situation where you could get a "list_row" command
OUTSIDE of a list function and it wouldn't be fatal?