couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New code goes into trunk
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:49:03 GMT
Thanks all for the reviews!

I applied my monster-fix branch into branches/0.11.x now. Boy do I love me some git :)

Cheers
Jan
--

On 14 Jun 2010, at 00:24, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

I committed a number of things into trunk related to JIRA tickets with a Fix Version of 1.1.

>>> I've been reviewing the diff between trunk and 0.11.x -- I can't find anything
that shows up in the diff that shouldn't be in 1.0. I'm happy to recommend that we cut 1.0
from trunk.

>>> I'd like it if others could repeat the exercise and see if they agree with me.
There are some things that cover a lot of code (the couch_util:get_value patch and the base64
changes, for instance) which aren't at risk of creating bugs and will only make it harder
to backport to 1.0 if we don't put them in the 1.0 release.

>>> I don't have much opinion about what should go into 0.11.x from trunk, but that's
a different topic.

>> I got it all solved and have 0.11.x merged up all right.
>>
>> In the process I found I had a faulty backport in there.
>>
>> See my work here: http://github.com/janl/couchdb/tree/0.11.x-monster-fix
>>
>> This is mostly reverting and reapplying in correct order patches to trunk into 0.11.x.
>>
>> I'm happy to commit that as soon as I get a green light.
>>
>> While going through all the commits, there are  a few more where I agree with Chris
that I'd like to backport before branching 1.0 from 0.11.x but I think we should go ahead
as planned and branch 1.0.x from 0.11.x.

>> trunk will then be 1.1.x.
>>
>> Go?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>
> The 0.11 branch still feels weird to me.  I thought commits on release branches were
supposed to be bugfixes only.  With 0.11.x the criteria seem to be

> 1) bugfixes
> 2) anything committed to trunk by Damien
> 3) anything else needed to make 2) merge cleanly
>
> If 1.0 is supposed to be 0.11 + bugfixes + Damien's work, rather than 0.11 + bugfixes,
shouldn't we have a /branches/1.0.x for that?

> Regardless, the important thing is that the codebase for 1.0 is stable and working.
Jan's 0.11.x-monster-fix satisfies that.  Good work!