couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:46:14 GMT
On 25 Jun 2010, at 18:36, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> I don't care much either way about where to cut 1.0 from at this point except I wish
this would have been brought up earlier so I didn't had to waste a lot of time on the backports.

I do.

When we set out our release procedure, we said that we could cut all new versions from trunk.
We copy trunk to a branch folder, and release from that into tags. Bug fixes are back-ported
to the branches and then cut to a new tag.

I'm really not up to speed with what is going on at the moment, but I must say that I find
whatever it is quite confusing. It is my uneducated preference that we stick to the release
procedure as it is documented.

If the release procedure is defective in some way, then I propose we update it to fix whatever
process bug we found that has caused us to do whatever it is that we're doing at the moment.
I'm just really not happy with procedure deviating from what is documented. It makes my job
harder, for a start.