couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:59:59 GMT

On 25 Jun 2010, at 19:48, Randall Leeds wrote:

> I've been under the impression that 0.11.x was somewhat of a 1.0RC and
> that's why there's been any discussion at all about branching 1.0 from
> it. If this is the case nothing should need to be backported after the
> 1.0 branch because there are no more 0.11.x releases, they are simply
> 1.0.x.

This is horribly broken.

/branches/0.11.x is for BUG FIXES for /tags/0.11.n

A user who is using 0.11.0 should be able to patch up bugs by upgrading to 0.11.n without
having to install 1.0. That is the whole purpose of this kind of versioning and release procedure.
Someone please tell me this is still going to be the case?

J Chris:

What is happening to the 0.11.x branch after 0.1 is cut? Is it going to revert to being a
bug fixing branch for the exiting 0.11.n releases? If not, then something is horribly horribly
broken: either the plan for releasing 0.1, or my understanding of the plan.

I presume it is the latter, but could someone explain to me how I'm confused?

> The cleanest thing in my mind would be:
> 1) branch 1.0.x from trunk
> 2) revert any 1.1 junk on 1.0.x

Sounds good.

> 3) abandon the 0.11.x branch and don't cut any further releases from it

The 0.11.x branch is there for releasing bug fixes for 0.11.n, so it will obviously stay.