couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Designer add-on for Futon
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 18:40:47 GMT

On May 17, 2010, at 6:30 AM, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:

> Hello Couchers,
>
> for 1 month now I'm coding a new futon page : the goal is to ease the developper of CouchDB
views/lists/shows through Futon web interface. I called it "futon designer" because I really
suck at finding supercool marketing names.

> The interface is an HTML5 application, in the sense that it uses the canvas html5 tag.
>
> I use the bespin embeded editor, that provides as-you-type syntax highlighting.
> I tried to mimic the existing futon code as much as possible. Now it's working good enough
for my personnal use. Here are some screenshots :

> http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/423266futon_designer_home.png
> http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/949407futon_designer_list.png
> http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/673/futondesignershow.png
> http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7909/futondesignerview.png
>
> I'm sending this email to get some constructive feedback on this add-on before any attempt
of having it included in the CouchDB official tarball.

I think this is really cool too. I've been experimenting with Bespin also -- glad to see you
have something that works.

The best way to get this included is to put it into Jira.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB

> To try it :
>
> download the zipfile @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TW954Q39
>
> Move designer.html and the designer folder to [your couchdb install dir]/share/couchdb/www
>
> Point your browser to http://souch-server:5984/_utils/designer.html?[database name] ,
where [database name] is the name of an existing database (containing at least 1 design document).