couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _replicator DB
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 21:55:37 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 14:32, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> The main goals as I see them are:
>
> 1) replications continue even when the server restarts
> 2) it is easy to write replication manager couchapps
>
> I think having the standard database API for these documents (even if it is admin only)
will be a good way to allow people to use the existing toolkit to query and create replications.

> Of course it'd be nice to be backwards compatible with the existing replication API.

What I was trying to communicate is that the existing replication API
*is* the document API restricted to POST. Add GET and some validations
that don't let you change fields that would alter the replication ID
and BOOM!

Then, detach the replication supervisor and gen_servers from the httpd
api and have them hook straight into changes internally.

Do I make any sense?