couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _replicator DB
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 19:46:35 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:35, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'm not sure I fully understand the max_dbs_open concern.  If you're hitting all_dbs_active
errors, that means a) you must have at least max_dbs_open concurrent requests for different
DBs running, or b) there's a bug in the ref counting code.  If it's a), that's a sign to
increase the max_dbs_open limit.

The way I read it there was no problem with max_dbs_open, just that
the tests which are designed to trigger all_dbs_active and exercise
code around these parts need to be adjusted to accommodate the extra
references and extra active db used for internals. That or the hack
that keeps _replications out of these counts.

-Randall