couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Redaelli <matteo.redae...@gmail.com>
Subject scalability of couchdb
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 07:25:49 GMT
Hello

I currectly use couchdb as repository for my the Ebot project (
http://www.redaelli.org/matteo-blog/projects/ebot/). My db is getting more
and more bigger..

   rw-r-r— 1 couchdb  81099821870 2010-05-23 ebot.couch
   rw-r-r— 1 couchdb  392589468 2010-05-23  .ebot_design

For better scalability it would be better that

1) couchdb wrote data not only to one single file but to different files to
DIFFERENT directories: in this way it would be easier to add new devices,
file systems ...
2) couchdb distributed (non only replicated) data among several instances.
like Riak and other NOSQL databases

Do you think that these 2 features could be implemented in the next near
future? or are they out of the scope of couchdb project?

Thanks in advance
--
Matteo Redaelli