couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Re: Designer add-on for Futon
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 14:47:10 GMT
Hello devs,

now that I created the Jira ticket, please tell me if I can be of any help in getting this
integrated in CouchDB.

Mickael

----- Mail Original -----
De: "Jan Lehnardt" <jan@apache.org>
À: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Envoyé: Mercredi 19 Mai 2010 12h29:48 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm
/ Vienne
Objet: Re: Designer add-on for Futon

On 19 May 2010, at 09:05, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:

> For now I've uploaded it on github : http://github.com/dready92/futon-designer
> I really don't think it's really for prime-time, so opening a JIRA request seems too
early for me...?

> I kept the designer "workflow" separate from the database.html/document.html page for
a reason : bespin=canvas=html5, and that's not supported in every browser. IMHO it's better
to have a "strong admin interface" that can run in any browser, and my present code that is
more a "cool thing" than something the couch users can't live without. My next proposal proposal
would have been to make a "switch to designer" button  appear on the database.html page if
the current browser support html5....

> I'm open for any directive to better integrate this part into futon, once you played
with it of course.
> I'll sign the CLA, is it this one : http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt ?

That would be the one, but there's an easier way. If you could
upload your code (as a zip file or a patch) to JIRA now, there's
a checkbox you can tick that is equivalent to signing a CLA for
a contribution like this. Once that is done, we can work on
integrating it into Futon proper. I'd suggest that this is the easiest
way forward :)

A CLA is only really needed for committers.

Mikeal, thanks for offering to look through this!

Cheese
Jan
--

> Mickael

Stockholm / Vienne
> Objet: Re: Designer add-on for Futon
>
> For some reason this was rejected last time i sent this to the list.
>
> ------------------------
>
> I've spent some time playing with this.
>
> There is some great stuff here but the code, as it is, isn't really
> integrated with the rest of Futon. The pages are part of some separate
> workflow that isn't connected to the regular editing workflow in
> Futon.
>
> If you could post this code, even as a zip, to JIRA and sign the CLA I
> can look at integrating this in to the document view, but until you
> sign the CLA I can't use any of this code :(
>
> -Mikeal
>
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On May 18, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> haha!
>>>
>>> s/of/or/g
>>>
>>> I actually do have this running from this zip, which I had to wait 60
>>> seconds staring at a counter in order to download :)
>>>
>>> But i think most people won't be doing that and want a patch or a
>>> something they can merge :)
>>
>> Yes I am eager to run the Futon list and show Bespin editors. As soon as it is on
Github I will.

>> Chris
>>

>>> Once it's an actual patch you should probably put it in JIRA.
>>>
>>> -Mikeal

:D