couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Re: Designer add-on for Futon
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 07:05:42 GMT
For now I've uploaded it on github : http://github.com/dready92/futon-designer
I really don't think it's really for prime-time, so opening a JIRA request seems too early
for me...?

I kept the designer "workflow" separate from the database.html/document.html page for a reason
: bespin=canvas=html5, and that's not supported in every browser. IMHO it's better to have
a "strong admin interface" that can run in any browser, and my present code that is more a
"cool thing" than something the couch users can't live without. My next proposal proposal
would have been to make a "switch to designer" button  appear on the database.html page if
the current browser support html5....

I'm open for any directive to better integrate this part into futon, once you played with
it of course.
I'll sign the CLA, is it this one : http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt ?

Mickael

----- Mail Original -----
De: "Mikeal Rogers" <mikeal.rogers@gmail.com>
À: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Envoyé: Mercredi 19 Mai 2010 04h56:06 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm
/ Vienne
Objet: Re: Designer add-on for Futon

For some reason this was rejected last time i sent this to the list.

------------------------

I've spent some time playing with this.

There is some great stuff here but the code, as it is, isn't really
integrated with the rest of Futon. The pages are part of some separate
workflow that isn't connected to the regular editing workflow in
Futon.

If you could post this code, even as a zip, to JIRA and sign the CLA I
can look at integrating this in to the document view, but until you
sign the CLA I can't use any of this code :(

-Mikeal

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 18, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
>
>> haha!
>>
>> s/of/or/g
>>
>> I actually do have this running from this zip, which I had to wait 60
>> seconds staring at a counter in order to download :)
>>
>> But i think most people won't be doing that and want a patch or a
>> something they can merge :)
>
> Yes I am eager to run the Futon list and show Bespin editors. As soon as it is on Github
I will.