couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Idea for View & Bulk Insert combination for ad-hoc database changes
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:49:08 GMT
Ad-hoc db-wide transformations suddenly strike me as a generic form of the
compactor. The compactor is an identity update function. It achieves a full
scan of the db by putting results in a new .couch file. It runs until it has
caught up to the tail of the current file (using a changes listener) and
then swaps the files. I believe a good patch here is one that creates a code
path the compactor can share.

The side bonus is that this implementation is transactional.

On Apr 19, 2010 2:51 PM, "Martin Murphy" <martin.murphy@whiteboard-it.com>
wrote:

I agree.  Some format of bulk changes needs to be integrated into futon
before the masses will adopt.

--
Martin Murphy
Whiteboard-it