couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Road Map
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:50:33 GMT
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2010, at 13:52, Robert Dionne wrote:
>
>> +1

>>> I fully agree on that.
>
> Cool, we all agree. What should we put on there?
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

There was an old thread about roadmap on the ml. Anyway here are my
wishes for next major releases:

- Removing os processes for js views and instead using something like emonk
- better handling of CPU when indexing so we could handle multiple
users without so much control on the same node
- More RESTFUL api.
- Possibility to chain M/R
- Improve couchapps :
 - remove ugly long , _rewrite and vhost are nice hacks but just hacks
especially when you run CouchDB on your own machine. Raindrop use
another by using doc instead _design has namespace. I think in a full
REST engine there should be a better way to handle resources.
 - Possibility to have a way to include on server level more than one
view & such

- benoit