couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Smith <...@couch.io>
Subject Re: 1.0 Code Management
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 22:16:09 GMT
On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> A conservative view would mandate that we use the 0.11.x branch to add
> bug fixes until it is shaped into a form that we want to call 1.0.0 and then
> branch that into the 1.0.x branch that we keep for maintenance.
>
> This would allow us to keep using trunk for new features as usual. This
> also means, we have to maintain two to three branches (0.11.x, trunk and
> eventually 1.0.x). This is a lot of bookkeeping.

I think it's best to keep trunk == where development happens.
Bookkeeping is inevitable, and I think it doesn't serve anyone to
create a new development branch named something other than 'trunk' and
then use it like we should be using trunk.

I'd be happy to help with the bookkeeping, if that would be useful.

Tim
--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate