couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject overview of code organization?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:52:00 GMT
Hi Folks,

I've been thinking of putting together some kind of broadcast mechanism
for propagating updates - but I gather that there's pretty much no
documentation of the replication protocol other than what's in the code
itself.

I wonder if anybody has pulled together, in any form, either:

- notes on the replication process (step-by-step, what happens when
replication is invoked - what code modules are involved and so forth),
and/or,

- an overview of the code for someone new to the project - what lives in
what modules, how they string together - anything that might shortcut
having to read through every module and make sense of things from scratch

Anything - handwritten notes, slides from a code walkthrough, that kind
of thing.

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman