couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to store alternate query server test functions?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:52:14 GMT
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Matt Lyon <matt@flowerpowered.com> wrote:
> So I've been working on a ruby version of the query server:
> http://github.com/mattly/couchdb-ruby-query-server
>
> I've got it passing all the specs in CouchDB's
> test/view_server/query_server_spec.rb file, but have of course had to
> write ruby versions of all the functions therein. Given that other
> query servers in other languages may appear over time, a question
> arises of "should we keep these functions in the official test suite?"
> If we do, then a user wishing to run an alternate-language query
> server's tests only need edit the query_server_spec.rb file to point
> to the actual location of the code to run against.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Matt Lyon

I tried contemplating how best to pull those out so they could be
worked on sanely in an editor. The best idea I came up with was a
directory per test that had a file per function. IIRC, that breaks a
bit when a test requires multiple functions.

Either way I was never enthused with any of my answers to instigate a
change. But it sure is something I'd like to see.

Paul