couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildbot problems
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:02:17 GMT
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:44 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@couch.io> wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I am investigating the problems with the release, and it seems that the reason no
one else was able to reproduce my problems is that I run "make distcheck" and everyone else
runs "make check" - while this is fine for a quick check, the "distcheck" target actually
prepares the release tarball, and then runs the test suite from within that.

> When I run `make distcheck` I get the following last lines of output:

> apache-couchdb-0.11.0b916519 archives ready for distribution:
> apache-couchdb-0.11.0b916519.tar.gz
>
> I think this means it is passing for me.
>
> Chris
>
>> I rather suspect this error is because some file or other is not being included in
the distribution. I am going to try to figure out exactly what is going on now.

>> In the mean time, how can I get the build bot to run "make distcheck" instead of
"make check"?

>> Ideally, I would like these problems highlighted as soon as they occur.
>>
>> Thanks,

Noah,

I as well was running make distcheck to verify the release is building properly.

The buildbot builder for couchdb-trunk already does a make distcheck as well.

Paul