couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Wiki / Documentation
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 23:35:01 GMT
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2010, at 16:48, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>>> That cannot happen. The official site is kept in ASF Subversion.
>>
>> This is orthogonal to the rest of the proposal.
>
> No it's not.
>
> The main site has to be from Subversion, and any additions or merges to Subversion have
to be provided by someone who has signed a copyright agreement, or checked the box in JIRA,
or otherwise indicated that they are allowed to contribute the work, and are happy for it
to be licensed the way it will be licensed.

Noah,

Can you point me to the information concerning the main site being
required to be served from SVN? The FAQ [1] for the Confluence wiki
explicitly covers using a dump as a project's main site, so I can't
fathom that we wouldn't be able to pull in a subdirectory from outside
SVN. The restrictions covered in the FAQ are that we can't put user
contributions into a release tarball or in SVN, but no one is
suggesting that since it'd require all contributions to be covered by
an ICLA or similar.

AFAICT, this would be equivalent to us mirroring the coverage reports
generated by buildbot.

Paul

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/