couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Troubleshooting" by NoahSlater
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:54:05 GMT
In addition, would a r12345 source tree know how to `make uninstall` a r12344 install tree?
(since the rev is part of the directories in question). If not, `make uninstall` doesn't handle
this case.

Cheers
Jan
--

On 9 Mar 2010, at 08:49, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Can you then please update the information instead of deleting it? :)
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
> On 9 Mar 2010, at 08:07, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> It looks wrong. If people want to uninstall CouchDB, they should use the "uninstall"
target with make. Instructions asking them to DELETE everything are very irresponsible. Unless
the user thinks hard about that that command is about to do, they will loose all the data
in their databases.

>> On 9 Mar 2010, at 15:54, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Noah,

of everything old.  If you get strange errors and all but the simplest actions appear to be
broken, and especially if you are seeing {"error":"bad_request","reason":"invalid UTF-8 JSON"}
type of errors in Futon, then you should try something like the following: