couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: Test suite errors
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:13:00 GMT

On 19 Mar 2010, at 12:05, Robert Dionne wrote:

> not really. In any event, looking at the code a bit couch_db:is_idle defines idle in
part as "there are now only two processes referring to this db", so it looks like it would
err on the side of concluding a db was not idle when in fact it was.

> Regardless, I would not release code with a failing test suite.

Sure, I really meant, "next to useless for me."

I use them to verify the health of the project before I make a release. In that way, the form
a contract between me and the rest of the developers. If the tests pass, the code is healthy.
If the tests fail, the code has issues that need to be addressed. When I am tempted to ignore
failures due to their nature, that is a bad thing. When I consider running them under Linux
instead, even though we officially support OS X, that is a bad thing.