couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test suite blocking release
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:16:08 GMT

On 21 Mar 2010, at 12:10, Noah Slater wrote:

> What are the CLI tests, if not the etap tests? Are they integrated into the build system?

The CLI tests are the same as the browser tests, just run through our couchjs binary
that has custom HTTP extensions to make the xhr work. At this point I don't think it
is reliable enough to mimic browser behaviour and that we shouldn't use it for vetting
the state of the code.

It is very useful when developing new code to not have to switch to and reload the
browser over and over again.

Cheers
Jan
--

> On 21 Mar 2010, at 17:05, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

If some

>>> it's not failing for you when you run changes.js with the CLI ?  Fails for me
every time.

>> I don't consider the CLI tests as part of the official test suite just yet.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>

>>> Anyway I poked at this a bit yesterday and am not 100% sure the issue is in the
test. I tried putting a sleep in with no luck. If my understanding of the JS is correct, CouchDB
is supposed to be synchronous so it's not timing.

>>> If someone could comment on the test itself it would be helpful. The section
of the code that fails:

>>> // changes get all_docs style with deleted docs
>>> var doc = {a:1};
>>> db.save(doc);
>>> db.deleteDoc(doc);
>>> var req = CouchDB.request("GET",
>>>  "/test_suite_db/_changes?filter=changes_filter/bop&style=all_docs");
>>> var resp = JSON.parse(req.responseText);
>>> TEquals(3, resp.results.length, "should return matching rows");
>>>

>>> seems odd to me. all_docs as I read the code will return docs with deletes and
conflicts but in this call the filter bop will not apply to the doc {a:1} so I'm not sure
what this delete prior to the call is about. Anyway I can make it fail in the debugger so
perhaps I can find the root cause.