couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: (lack of) couchdb windows binaries
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:29:22 GMT

On 31 Mar 2010, at 13:03, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Action plan. Here's what I say we should do:
>
>  - Vote on Mark's installer for 0.11.0; on success, release it.
>    - Add big fat warning about the limitations to the downloads page.
>  - Commit COUCHDB-86 to trunk and 0.11.x (after review).
>  - Later, when 0.11.1 is released, we can remove the big fat warning.

Agreed.

Mark, could you call a vote on your 0.11.0 binaries:

	* If and only if they are prepared from the source tarball released as 0.11.0

	* Using my vote calling template

The release procedure is:

	http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_procedure

Please take the time to familiarise yourself with it, even though you will not be doing most
of it.

Please then create a new section called:

	Making a Binary Release

This should be a top level item, the same as Making a Source Release, at the bottom of the
document.

Please then document the process you go through, like I have done for the source release.

Once you've done that, we can talk about how to announce it and update the site.

Thanks,