couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test suite blocking release
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:00:36 GMT

On 21 Mar 2010, at 13:38, Robert Dionne wrote:

> Ok Noah,  This is only a test case issue, and not in the changes code as I though. Jan
found the issue and it works fine for me now in both FF and CLI. -- Bob

As an added bonus, the test suite should now work 100% in WebKit (for me at least :)

Cheers
Jan
--

> On Mar 21, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

>>> This is likely true, but in this particular case I think there's a bug in the
changes code (that I'm trying to dig out). It's nice that it works on your machine but on
my machine, using FF, it fails often enough. Moreover it's been around for a long time now
so I figure it's worth figuring out.

>>> I don't have a dog in this fight (.ie. a paying customer) so this failure doesn't
bother me. With respect to policy, given the various bogocities of browsers, I'd recommend
something like these CLI tests plus the etaps ought to be the "official"  tests for vetting,
and part of the build

>> Not that I disagree, but part (most?) of the appeal of the browser based tests are
that they run in a real-world client instead of the lab that is couchjs+http :)

>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --

issue is in the test. I tried putting a sleep in with no luck. If my understanding of the
JS is correct, CouchDB is supposed to be synchronous so it's not timing.

The section of the code that fails:

with deletes and conflicts but in this call the filter bop will not apply to the doc {a:1}
so I'm not sure what this delete prior to the call is about. Anyway I can make it fail in
the debugger so perhaps I can find the root cause.