couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: Buildbot problems
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:15:31 GMT
Well something strange is happening. This fails on my laptop, and I don't have CouchDB installed.
The release branch is working, it turns out, but trunk is failing. So SOMETHING has changed,
and it will need to be fixed before we release whatever is going to come from trunk. Any help
is greatly appreciated.

On 17 Mar 2010, at 18:02, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:44 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@couch.io> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I am investigating the problems with the release, and it seems that the reason
no one else was able to reproduce my problems is that I run "make distcheck" and everyone
else runs "make check" - while this is fine for a quick check, the "distcheck" target actually
prepares the release tarball, and then runs the test suite from within that.

>> When I run `make distcheck` I get the following last lines of output:

>> apache-couchdb-0.11.0b916519 archives ready for distribution:
>> apache-couchdb-0.11.0b916519.tar.gz
>>
>> I think this means it is passing for me.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>>> I rather suspect this error is because some file or other is not being included
in the distribution. I am going to try to figure out exactly what is going on now.