couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 release, second round
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:54:10 GMT

On 24 Mar 2010, at 09:47, Christopher Brown wrote:

> Sorry for the hassle.  Just wanted to make sure I understood and that
> I'm also following the same process.

Again, the ASF is all about transparency, if there's anything unclear
to anyone here, you shouldn't hesitate to ask for clarification :)

Cheers
Jan
--

> Thanks again!
> Chris
>
> Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> On 24 Mar 2010, at 09:28, Christopher Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Can I ask a process point here?
>>
>> Of course, any time.
>>
>>> I'm seeing people saying "I may have missed a commit" and being asked to
>>> do a clean install to run these tests, which makes me wonder if we are
>>> all testing the same thing.  When Noah sends out mail saying "these are
>>> the artifacts to vote on", is everyone ensuring that's exactly what they
>>> are testing?  It doesn't appear to be the case.
>>
>> I'm reading this as: Benoit thinks there's a specific cause for his test errors,
>> but he can't remember seeing a commit to code around that cause in the
>> past. Hence "missing a commit" as it not knowing it about.
>>
>> Everybody in this thread must vote on the artefacts that Noah prepared
>> that is the same code for everybody (it comes with a gpg signature,
>> md5 and sha hash and voters should verify they all match).
>>
>> Benoit, if my reading of this is incorrect, please let me know :)
>>

>>> Before you write me off, hear me out.  I'm an *avid* consumer of couchdb
>>> in my business today and vote at each release.  I want to ensure
>>> quality, and understand the process.
>>
>> When Noah sends out a mail with [VOTE] in the subject he links to a location
>> for a CouchDB tarball that is nominated to be the next CouchDB release.
>>
>> Everybody on dev@ is encouraged to vote on the nominated release.
>>
>> If you have any further questions, let me know :)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>

>>> Thanks for your patience,
>>> Chris

into a new --prefix if you haven't done so?

CouchDB doesn't have write permissions to local.ini (or local_dev.ini, if you run in make
dev mode).

Log :: function raised exception (new ReferenceError("map_funs is not defined", "")) with
doc._id 8450bfd7a0371f80a9baf032553367f4
Log :: function raised exception (new ReferenceError("map_results is not defined", "")) with
doc._id 8450bfd7a0371f80a9baf032553367f4
Chris, maybe you can comment on this?