couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please fix #665 for CouchDB 1.0
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:44:19 GMT
Okay, I did some research and came across

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Our dependencies are:

  - Erlang, http://erlang.org/ License EPL: http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/erlang/EPLICENSE
  - Spidermonkey, Mozilla's JavaScript engine, http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/ License
MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-license
  - ICU, IBM Components for Unicode, http://icu-project.org/ License ICU (MIT like: http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/license.html)

And the URL above clearly states that we can ship binaries with these included if we label
the binary accordingly.

So I think there is no legal issue and we can proceed as planned (see my next mail).

I mentioned a potential legal issue to Mark on IRC just because I wasn't sure about the situation
but I *was* sure that I wanted to be rather safe than sorry.

Cheers
Jan