couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Troubleshooting" by NoahSlater
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:54:52 GMT
Hi Noah,

On 9 Mar 2010, at 03:17, Apache Wiki wrote:

> - == invalid UTF-8 JSON ==
> -
> - When upgrading from old versions of CouchDB, it is best to really get rid of everything
old.  If you get strange errors and all but the simplest actions appear to be broken, and
especially if you are seeing {"error":"bad_request","reason":"invalid UTF-8 JSON"} type of
errors in Futon, then you should try something like the following:
> -
> - {{{
> - find /usr/local -name \*couch* | xargs rm -rf
> - make && sudo make install
> - }}}
> -
> - This was discussed on 13 Dec 2009 on the users mailing list, and the resolution is
discussed
> - [[http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/200912.mbox/%3c200912130717.39605.sh@widetrail.dk%3e|here]]
and
> - [[http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/200912.mbox/%3c20091214091547.GA7543@uk.tiscali.com%3e|here]]
> -
> -

what's wrong with this information? I still see people running into the issue.

Cheers
Jan