couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Lyon <m...@flowerpowered.com>
Subject how to store alternate query server test functions?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:37:44 GMT
So I've been working on a ruby version of the query server:
http://github.com/mattly/couchdb-ruby-query-server

I've got it passing all the specs in CouchDB's
test/view_server/query_server_spec.rb file, but have of course had to
write ruby versions of all the functions therein. Given that other
query servers in other languages may appear over time, a question
arises of "should we keep these functions in the official test suite?"
If we do, then a user wishing to run an alternate-language query
server's tests only need edit the query_server_spec.rb file to point
to the actual location of the code to run against.

Thoughts?

Matt Lyon