couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test suite blocking release
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:02:29 GMT

On 19 Mar 2010, at 12:50, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2010, at 17:11, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> We want to test the CouchDB code, not the browser's HTTP handling.
>
> Sure, but as one of CouchDB's primary interfaces is the browser, it seems to makes sense
that we would want to test how this works. Testing from the browser allows us to test for
and catch problems introduced by caching, etc - which is what our real world users would be
running into.

> Unless I'm missing something?

I fully agree, but we should have a separate browser interaction
suite for that. The test suite is a very untypical browser client and
doesn't really test real-world browser use-cases.

Cheers
Jan