couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Wiki / Documentation
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:47:52 GMT

On 7 Mar 2010, at 00:38, Mikeal Rogers wrote:

> We can provide the same providence and copyright assurances outside of
> JIRA. It's a checkbox, it's not hard.

I agree. I don't want to be misunderstood as fighting against the initiative of improving
our documentation. I just want to make sure we do it in a way that embraces our parent organisation.
And as far as I know, and I am incorrect rather frequently, that involves hosting whatever
we use on ASF infrastructure, and taking the proper measures to make sure that what is produced
is free for the community to use, where free is the ASF's definition of free. If we can satisfy
that, and improve our documentation, it will have my full support. However, just creating
a new repository on Github and linking to it from our site is not satisfactory.