couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Test suite blocking release
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:38:54 GMT
Ok Noah,  This is only a test case issue, and not in the changes code as I though. Jan found
the issue and it works fine for me now in both FF and CLI. -- Bob

On Mar 21, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2010, at 12:24, Robert Dionne wrote:

>>> The CLI tests are the same as the browser tests, just run through our couchjs
binary
>>> that has custom HTTP extensions to make the xhr work. At this point I don't think
it
>>> is reliable enough to mimic browser behaviour and that we shouldn't use it for
vetting
>>> the state of the code.
>>
>> This is likely true, but in this particular case I think there's a bug in the changes
code (that I'm trying to dig out). It's nice that it works on your machine but on my machine,
using FF, it fails often enough. Moreover it's been around for a long time now so I figure
it's worth figuring out.

>> I don't have a dog in this fight (.ie. a paying customer) so this failure doesn't
bother me. With respect to policy, given the various bogocities of browsers, I'd recommend
something like these CLI tests plus the etaps ought to be the "official"  tests for vetting,
and part of the build

> Not that I disagree, but part (most?) of the appeal of the browser based tests are that
they run in a real-world client instead of the lab that is couchjs+http :)

> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>

>>> It is very useful when developing new code to not have to switch to and reload
the
>>> browser over and over again.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Jan
>>> --

I am to have any

Fails for me every time.

is in the test. I tried putting a sleep in with no luck. If my understanding of the JS is
correct, CouchDB is supposed to be synchronous so it's not timing.

The section of the code that fails:

deletes and conflicts but in this call the filter bop will not apply to the doc {a:1} so I'm
not sure what this delete prior to the call is about. Anyway I can make it fail in the debugger
so perhaps I can find the root cause.