couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: Test suite blocking release
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:31:12 GMT
I think faulty test case should block the release, if I am to have any
future sanity preparing releases. I don't want to delay and longer, so
if you guys are absolutely sure this is a test error and not code
error, then I propose that the test be commented out. Our tests form a
contract between us, internally, and our users. If that contract has a
bug, it should be removed or fixed - or it simply dilutes the
importance of contract. If some one comments out the test, and we
agree it is not indicative of an important bug, I can call the vote
within hours.