couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: Test suite blocking release
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:10:09 GMT
What are the CLI tests, if not the etap tests? Are they integrated into the build system?

On 21 Mar 2010, at 17:05, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2010, at 06:04, Robert Dionne wrote:

>>> I'd do that if the test was failing for me :)
>>
>> it's not failing for you when you run changes.js with the CLI ?  Fails for me every
time.

> I don't consider the CLI tests as part of the official test suite just yet.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>

>> Anyway I poked at this a bit yesterday and am not 100% sure the issue is in the test.
I tried putting a sleep in with no luck. If my understanding of the JS is correct, CouchDB
is supposed to be synchronous so it's not timing.

>> If someone could comment on the test itself it would be helpful. The section of the
code that fails:

>> // changes get all_docs style with deleted docs
>> var doc = {a:1};
>> db.save(doc);
>> db.deleteDoc(doc);
>> var req = CouchDB.request("GET",
>>   "/test_suite_db/_changes?filter=changes_filter/bop&style=all_docs");
>> var resp = JSON.parse(req.responseText);
>> TEquals(3, resp.results.length, "should return matching rows");
>>

>> seems odd to me. all_docs as I read the code will return docs with deletes and conflicts
but in this call the filter bop will not apply to the doc {a:1} so I'm not sure what this
delete prior to the call is about. Anyway I can make it fail in the debugger so perhaps I
can find the root cause.