couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (lack of) couchdb windows binaries
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 01:03:19 GMT

Great - it can be found at http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/0.11.0/

>> As above, I have no interest in, or knowledge of the issues here,
>> so I will leave the honours to someone who does (or at least
>> someone who has enough grasp of this to consider it a problem.)
>
> Actually, I think you're the only person with enough knowledge to
> handle this. You're not expected to know anything about the law. The
> purpose of the list is for people with the technical knowledge to ask
> the people with the legal knowledge what the best way forward is. If
> you start a thread on legal telling them how the Windows binary is
> constructed, and asking them if that is okay, that should be all that
> you have to do.

Sorry, but this needs to be undertaken by someone who actually believes
there is an issue and can articulate it.  This person also needs to
understand the couchdb dependencies on any platform (Windows is no
different in this regard) and understands the concept of a "binary
release".  While I meet the last 2 criteria, I don't meet the first.

So please let me be completely clear and explicitly decline for the 3rd
time :)

Cheers,

Mark