couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (lack of) couchdb windows binaries
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 01:11:48 GMT
On 30/03/2010 10:45 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2010, at 00:42, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> Now since windows support will require a patch to 0.11.0, I'd
>> propose to call the windows release 0.11.1 that we ship along with
>> a source release.

I'm not sure "require" is really the correct word here - people are
already using couchdb on Windows with this issue still in place.  From
the POV of these users, I suspect that making this a requirement which
stalls further releases is a step backwards rather than forwards.

> What patch does it require?

The patch in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-86, along
with either waiting for the next erlang release, or a hand-patched
erlang build.  As mentioned though, we *already* have happy Windows
users with this issue unresolved - it isn't ideal and should remain a
high priority to fix, but it works for them today.

Cheers,

Mark