couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: default vhost config option
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:01:28 GMT

On 15 Mar 2010, at 11:58, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 15 Mar 2010, at 10:52, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Like discussed on irc, i would propose to add a default vhost option to couchdb:
>>
>> Can we see a summary of that discussion?
>
> this was 5 phrases you should have on your irc more like a monologue.
> I don't have logs fpr myself

I'm not on IRC when my nick is marked "away, but that is beside the point.

Apache CouchDB discussions must happen on a mailing list.

>>> - it solves problem when someone connect to CouchDB whithout an host header
>>> - it allows someone to not expose whole api of CouchDB using the rewriter.
>>
>> I'm wary to make this a security device.
>
> That's not security, just a matter of api exposing. In term of
> security we have a lot of to do before that ;)

If we say we don't expose your API when using a default vhost, we imply a
level of security that I am not yet comfortable to put on the vhost handler.

>>> patch looks simple. What do you think about it ?
>>
>> What patch? :D
>>
> the one i could make when we are all ok on what to do

Oh, I thought you had one already and forgot to attach it or it got stripped :)

Cheers
Jan