couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: (lack of) couchdb windows binaries
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:09:50 GMT
I'm on it.

Mark, aside from Erlang, Spidermonkey and ICU, are there any other pieces in the installer,
like Windows dev-tools/libs?

Cheers
Jan
--

On 31 Mar 2010, at 13:00, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2010, at 02:03, Mark Hammond wrote:
>
>> Great - it can be found at http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/0.11.0/
>
> Would you like to call the vote on this yourself? If you prepared the Windows artefacts,
and called the vote, that should remove the dependancy chain between me and you - as well
as speeding things up quite a bit, and taking a little bit of the load of my back. Can I just
double check that you prepared this from THE source artefact?

>> Sorry, but this needs to be undertaken by someone who actually believes there is
an issue and can articulate it.

> Not true, it just needs to be done by someone who understands how the package is built.
>
> The purpose of legal-discuss is for developers who generally don't know or care about
the legal things to get a "yea" or a "nay" from people who do. It would be enough simply for
you to tell them what you've put into the artefact, and how it's built, and then just ask
them for a thumbs up before the vote.

> To re-itterate, you don't have to think there is a problem, or describe any legal issue.
All you have to do is provide a description of how you packaged CouchDB for Windows, and ask
them for approval. They may ask you a few technical questions (ones which I could not answer,
for example - and I don't fancy playing chinese whispers for people) to get clarification
on a few points - but it shouldn't be anything you can't answer.

> If you're going to be part of the release process here, it would make sense for you to
get involved with legal-discuss.