couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vhost + rewrite issues
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 05:26:56 GMT
Sorry, gmail decided to send that too early.

> A proposed fix would be.
>
> Making "to"

Making "to" references that begin with "/" absolute to the entire
CouchDB and rules that do not begin with "/" relative to the ddoc the
way they are now.

Also, introduce a new variable ":dbname" which refers to the current
database so that you can still write applications that replicate to
other databases that are named differently.

I thought about making "/" relative to the database but then we can't
access the user database.

This change would make it possibly to lazily write applications that
don't replicate well by just making a reference to "/" and using it
for everything but having ":dbname" allows you to do the right thing
as long as you use it.

-Mikeal