couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Wiki / Documentation
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:38:26 GMT
Because we hope that people who don't write code and don't know how to
generate diffs and use JIRA contribute to our documentation.

We can provide the same providence and copyright assurances outside of
JIRA. It's a checkbox, it's not hard.

-Mikeal

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Why? It's not about process per se, it's about providence and copyright assurances.
>
> On 7 Mar 2010, at 00:24, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
>
>> I think for social and community reasons requiring the same process
>> for doc changes as we do for code contributions is a huge barrier to
>> documentation contributions.
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>>> Oh, technically we could. The issue here is social and organisational.

to Subversion have to be provided by someone who has signed a copyright agreement, or checked
the box in JIRA, or otherwise indicated that they are allowed to contribute the work, and
are happy for it to be licensed the way it will be licensed.