couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From till <klimp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Troubleshooting" by NoahSlater
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:21:57 GMT
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> It looks wrong. If people want to uninstall CouchDB, they should use the "uninstall"
target with make. Instructions asking them to DELETE everything are very irresponsible. Unless
the user thinks hard about that that command is about to do, they will loose all the data
in their databases.

Maybe add that as well then? I don't think everyone keeps the source
around. Also I think it wouldn't hurt to recommend something like
checkinstall to debian/ubuntu users. Makes uninstalling trivial. Not
sure if there are equivalents for other linux distributions. :-)

Till