couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Troubleshooting" by NoahSlater
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 20:51:32 GMT
On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 04:07:35PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> It looks wrong. If people want to uninstall CouchDB, they should use the
> "uninstall" target with make.  Instructions asking them to DELETE
> everything are very irresponsible.  Unless the user thinks hard about that
> that command is about to do, they will loose all the data in their
> databases.

I use the following regularly and I'd say it's pretty safe:

  sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-*

Arguably it's better to do this one level higher:

  sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib

because the change from mochiweb-r97 to mochiweb-r113 also caused the same
problem.  Fortunately we have nearly 900 more revs before that one becomes a
problem again :-)

Regards,

Brian.