couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@me.com>
Subject Re: (lack of) couchdb windows binaries
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:00:49 GMT

On 31 Mar 2010, at 02:03, Mark Hammond wrote:

> Great - it can be found at http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/0.11.0/

Would you like to call the vote on this yourself? If you prepared the Windows artefacts, and
called the vote, that should remove the dependancy chain between me and you - as well as speeding
things up quite a bit, and taking a little bit of the load of my back. Can I just double check
that you prepared this from THE source artefact?

> Sorry, but this needs to be undertaken by someone who actually believes there is an issue
and can articulate it.

Not true, it just needs to be done by someone who understands how the package is built.

The purpose of legal-discuss is for developers who generally don't know or care about the
legal things to get a "yea" or a "nay" from people who do. It would be enough simply for you
to tell them what you've put into the artefact, and how it's built, and then just ask them
for a thumbs up before the vote.

To re-itterate, you don't have to think there is a problem, or describe any legal issue. All
you have to do is provide a description of how you packaged CouchDB for Windows, and ask them
for approval. They may ask you a few technical questions (ones which I could not answer, for
example - and I don't fancy playing chinese whispers for people) to get clarification on a
few points - but it shouldn't be anything you can't answer.

If you're going to be part of the release process here, it would make sense for you to get
involved with legal-discuss.