couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Wiki / Documentation
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:24:14 GMT

On 6 Mar 2010, at 09:22, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2010, at 16:48, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>>> That cannot happen. The official site is kept in ASF Subversion.
>>
>> This is orthogonal to the rest of the proposal.
>
> No it's not.
>
> The main site has to be from Subversion, and any additions or merges to Subversion have
to be provided by someone who has signed a copyright agreement, or checked the box in JIRA,
or otherwise indicated that they are allowed to contribute the work, and are happy for it
to be licensed the way it will be licensed.

Then a new contribution system will have said checkbox or "other indicator".

We're trying to make technology serve a purpose here, not the other way around.

I want awesome docs for CouchDB and willing to remove any obstacles that keep us from having
them.

Cheers
Jan