couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: 0.11 Release / Feature Freeze for 1.0
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 07:54:48 GMT
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 06:27, Chris Anderson <> wrote:
>> I propose that we start the gears turning for a 0.11 release. We'd
>> talked about Feb 1 as a feature-freeze deadline for 1.0 -- we'd like
>> to spend the time between now and 1.0 getting feedback about
>> reliability and squashing bugs. I'm ready to consider what we have in
>> CouchDB trunk a release candidate.
>> The one new feature I'd be happy to see during the freeze is the
>> replication configuration database. I don't see there being much
>> chance of destabilizing the replicator by keeping it's state in a
>> database.
>> If anyone has any other new feature they'd like to commit to trunk
>> before 1.0, please let us know. I think it is the project's interest
>> that we don't add more API in the coming weeks. When the replicator
>> work is done we might even wait until 1.1 to ship it, that's up to the
>> community to decide.
> Pretty short notice for 0.11. I'd hoped to get my view options work
> for Futon in.

Sorry about that -- it was mentioned on the "Roadmap" thread from a
few months ago. I felt like I should have written a mail earlier but
I've been busy writing patches.

If your view options are close I'm fine waiting.

The point of the freeze is especially to lock in the API and low-level
storage details. Clean patches to Futon shouldn't pose a problem
during the run up to 1.0, at least in my opinion. So if you aren't
quite ready with the Futon you can do it in the weeks before 1.0

FYI ideally we'd release 1.0 in early March, which should be enough
time for the 0.11 dust to settle.


> Cheers,
> Dirkjan

Chris Anderson

View raw message