couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject 0.11 Release / Feature Freeze for 1.0
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 05:27:06 GMT
Devs,

I propose that we start the gears turning for a 0.11 release. We'd
talked about Feb 1 as a feature-freeze deadline for 1.0 -- we'd like
to spend the time between now and 1.0 getting feedback about
reliability and squashing bugs. I'm ready to consider what we have in
CouchDB trunk a release candidate.

The one new feature I'd be happy to see during the freeze is the
replication configuration database. I don't see there being much
chance of destabilizing the replicator by keeping it's state in a
database.

If anyone has any other new feature they'd like to commit to trunk
before 1.0, please let us know. I think it is the project's interest
that we don't add more API in the coming weeks. When the replicator
work is done we might even wait until 1.1 to ship it, that's up to the
community to decide.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson