couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing design doc from view server code?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:08:13 GMT
Zachary,

The issue is view invalidation. Blind access to the design doc would
mean that views are tied to the entire doc which would cause alot of
unnecessary rebuilds. Having access to part of the doc isn't totally
out of the question but at some point the question is why not just use
!code macros or similar.

HTH,
Paul Davis