couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 0.11, Request for Comments
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:15:32 GMT

On 25 Feb 2010, at 04:43, Robert Newson wrote:

> I second this emotion. :)
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
>> See my last comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-597
>>
>> I would <3 <3 <3 to see this make it.

There's a ton of patches I'd like to see in CouchDB, but we'll never release anything
if don't make a cut somewhere. 0.11 has been in the making for 9 months now and
really needs to get out there so we can find and fix all the bugs that users find so
1.0 becomes a grand release.

If you are concerned that "yourfavouritepatch" doesn't make it into 1.0: After 0.11
is released we'll only fix bugs in that branch and eventually cut 1.0 from it. If you
think a new feature should be in 1.0 that is not in 0.11, call for a vote for that
patch. Be prepared that it should be simple enough and should have tests and
not break anything. If "yourfavouritepatch" is a bugfix, there's no need for a vote
for a commit.

Cheers
Jan