couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing design doc from view server code?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 00:56:48 GMT

On Feb 15, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Zachary Zolton wrote:

> Devs,
>
> Wasn't there some discussion about making the design doc accessible
> from the view server? (I thought there was an old ML thread for this,
> but I can't find it.)
>
> I don't really mind having to use the CouchApp !code or !json macros,
> but I'm curious to hear if anyone else thinks this would be a good
> idea.

the design doc is available in the view server (in everything but map and reduce functions),
but it's not exposed to the sandbox (yet).

I'd like to make it so the design doc is the value of 'this' when you are inside _show, _list,
etc functions.

This would be a small patch if anyone is up for it.

Chris