couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting to 1.0, Time for 0.11.0 + Feature Freeze
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 01:56:35 GMT

On 5 Feb 2010, at 17:35, Damien Katz wrote:

> Hello CouchDB contributors! It's time to do a 0.11.0 release, which should be the last
release before 1.0.

> I know lots of people have particular features they want before we hit 1.0. but that
will always be true. I can list 3 things I wish we had, but I'm willing to live without them
for now so we can push ahead.

> I propose we create the 0.11.0 branch, and that will eventually become 1.0. New features
will continue to go into trunk. Also new features can still go into the 0.11/1.0 branch, but
they will need consensus from the community from this point on.

> If the community generally agrees, I'd like the branch created monday. If you have objections,
please air them now.

+1 on creating the 0.11 branch and pushing the release.

Cheers
Jan